The key to keeping the conversation going with a prospect is tricky - you want them happy, but not overwhelmed. You also don't want their attention shifting away from listening and into thinking about what else they need or want in order for this discussion to go any further than where it currently stands…
Are you tired of your prospects leaving the conversation just like that? Does it feel like you’re begging them for their information and it makes them feel violated at some point in the conversation.
Every account manager knows how frustrating this is, which is why you should use quick&online forms to keep the conversation going – the only step that lets your prospect complete an online questionnaire without feeling like they are being forced into doing so.
In this way, you can create a custom experience where your prospect fills out the form on their own time and in their own way. They can even choose when they want to do it! This will keep the conversation going with no pressure or obligation from either side. And best of all, there's no coding required!
How To Create A Non-Boring Form?
Here are the tips of the growth and community manager of Decktopus to create a form for your prospects that they can’t skip!
- Use a conversational tone in your text message while sending your prospect’s form. Ask them a favor, instead of making them feel like they are completing a task.
- Be brief about your questions, but not too short- keep it at 3 sentences max.
- Start by asking questions that are easy to answer and will give the person filling out the form some information about themselves.
- Follow up with more difficult or personal questions later in the process, so they feel comfortable trusting you with their answers.
- Proofread before you send! It's important to make sure there are no typos or grammar mistakes when communicating with someone online & quickly.
- If possible, try to include a picture with your message that will help illustrate what you're talking about.
- Add a personal slide to make them feel like they are talking to you, not a bot.
- Keep in mind that some people may be using their mobile device - so don't expect them to read through an essay-length response on their phone! They'll appreciate brevity and clarity over length any day of the week!
- Be friendly! People can tell if someone is being genuine or not, even through text messages on mobile phones.
- Offer incentives for filling out your form like e-Coupons.
How To Create A Quick Online Form Easily?
Step 1: Find Your Form Builder
The first step to kick start your form is to find a no-code form builder to cut your time off. Make sure to use Decktopus or a similar form builder tool to create forms with drag and drop modal, and easy to track with features like analytics and lead dashboard. Make sure to pick one that is easy to use, since you wouldn’t want an extra complicated step between you and the prospect.
Step 2: Start With a Template or a Blank Document
You can use ready-to-go templates and change a few things or start a new one to build yourself in minutes. Make sure to pick a general theme that is matching your brand. Elegant, minimalist, and creative themes are always the best to not overwhelm prospects with decors.
Step 3: Add a Pre-Prepared Form Layout
Add a pre-prepared form layout to kick-start your form. Don’t worry about how the form type is named. They are all built to collect responses at the end of the day!
Step 4: Use Different Question Types To Make It Fun
Use rating, text, and multiple-choice questions to make your form to the point. Sometimes you want people to pick one answer rather than multiple. That’s where the form types come in. Also make sure to add a rating form at the end to ask them to rate the experience, which is always a cute ending to any questionnaire. Before using it, decide on which questions are necessary and required and decide on which mail address you want to get notified of when someone fills out the form.
Step 5: Add a Human Touch
From what we have experienced, people always feel better when they feel like they are talking to a person, not a bot. So make sure to add your photo and a cute message from you to let them know that you are personally interested in their answers.
Step 6: Contact Page
It doesn’t matter how easy you build a form, sometimes people get stuck since they cannot see things from your glasses. Giving them other channels to communicate with you is always a great choice. In the worst-case scenario, you have a new Linkedin follower!
Step 7: Apply Your Branding
Every document you have while contacting your prospects, clients, and the team is a part of your brand. Always double-check your documents to see if they are branded or not. Apply your color palette and fonts within seconds and not waste a second thought!
Step 8: Send It!
It’s time to take it to life! Go to your Rake dashboard or your messaging platform. We use quick messages ready to go, since it’s super handy! Share your form online with a link generally copied from the sharing options.
We’ve all been there. You spend hours and days trying to get a prospect on the phone, only to have them hang up after one question because they were too busy or just didn’t feel like talking anymore. Next time you need someone's contact information for an upcoming meeting, use quick&online forms instead! Online forms let your customer complete an online questionnaire without feeling forced into it - which means less frustration from both sides of the conversation. So what are you waiting for? Start building yours today!