What is new about these digital content marketing trends? What should marketers focus on when it comes to their social media strategy? What does this mean for SEO strategies? All of these questions will be answered by reading through our comprehensive list of changes coming your way.
Many people do not see the importance of digital marketing but in this article, you will see how you can implement it in your daily life to grow your business. Lastly, you will get access to enjoy Decktopus for a one-month free trial by the link provided at the end of the article, so keep reading!
- What is Digital Content Strategy?
- Main Activities of a Digital Content Strategy
- Why Digital Content Marketing?
- Types of Digital Content Marketing
- Steps of to Build a Good Content Strategy
- Questions You Should Consider When Creating a Digital Content Strategy
- Tools to Consider for Digital Content Strategy
- About Decktopus
What is Digital Content Strategy?
A content strategy is a technique for a company to define its identity and purpose using online and offline assets. It's a marketing strategy that focuses solely on developing and disseminating valuable, relevant, engaging, and consistent information.
A digital content strategy, however, is a strategy for a company to create and distribute digital content in order to reach new audiences, increase credibility, generate more leads, and meet its overall strategic marketing goals. This strategy connects businesses with the growing number of potential buyers who are turning to digital tools and searching the web for solutions to their business problems. It's usually part of a wider content marketing strategy that includes non-digital methods like public speaking and book publishing.
Digital content is a broad term used to describe many different types of media available online. These forms include, but are not limited to: blog entries, online articles, webinars, educational videos on YouTube and other websites; recorded courses taken through an education portal such as Coursera or edX; podcasts that focus on current events like the New York Times' The Daily podcast, etc.
Main Activities of a Digital Content Strategy
User Experience (UX) Design and Web Design
Visual content marketing is growing at a rapid pace as businesses are beginning to realize that good design can go far beyond just looking nice. The web design industry has been able to successfully capitalize on the demand for something more than functional by using digital content marketing strategies. User experience (UX) Design and web design in digital content marketing have helped create an entirely new niche category of websites that businesses now flock towards for their online presence
The advantages of UX in digital marketing are :
- Customer satisfaction is based on a positive user experience.
- SEO benefits from good UX.
- UX Builds Conversions because it has a significant impact on conversions
SEO stands for "search engine optimization"
The technique of increasing the visibility of a website or web page on a search engine results page to make a company's website more discoverable is known as search engine optimization.
The SEO process is divided into six stages:
- Business research, competitive analysis, current state evaluation, and keyword search
- Planning and strategy, including content management, link building, social media management, and technical implementation techniques
- Implementation, which involves putting optimization decisions on a website's web pages and the site as a whole into action.
- Monitoring involves observing web crawler activity, traffic, search engine rankings, and other metrics to generate reports for assessment.
- Assessment entails comparing the summarized impacts of the strategy (and its implementation) to the stated goals of the SEO process.
- Maintenance, which addresses both minor and significant issues with the website's operation as they arise (e.g., new content that needs optimization according to the strategy)
PPC (pay-per-click) is an internet advertising technique in which an advertiser pays a publisher each time a link in an advertisement is "clicked." Companies that use pay-per-click advertising models must .research and analyze the most relevant keywords to their products or services. The flat-rate pay-per-click model (In the flat-rate pay-per-click model, an advertiser pays a publisher a predetermined charge for each click is commonly used to determine pay-per-click advertising rates. Publishers typically have a list of several PPC prices that apply to various regions of their website) or the bid-based model (In a bid-based model, each advertiser submits a bid for an ad spot with the highest amount of money they are ready to pay. Then, using automated methods, a publisher conducts an auction. When a visitor activates the ad spot, an auction is held.)
Marketing on Social Media (SMM)
The use of social media and social networks to sell a company's products and services is referred to as social media marketing (SMM). Companies can use social media marketing to communicate with existing consumers and reach out to new ones while promoting their intended culture, mission, or tone. Marketers can track the success of their efforts using data analytics tools designed specifically for social media marketing.
Some of the benefits of SMM are that it Boosts brand recognition, Increases the number of visitors to your website, makes Content distribution faster and easier, and allows you to interact with the target audience and analyze get insights from your competitors.
Video Content Marketing is a new marketing technique that revolves around creating and sharing relevant and consistent video content with your target audience in order to generate interesting, compelling, and qualified leads.
You may enhance the amount of time visitors spend on your site by using videos. As a result, more exposure fosters trust and alerts search engines to your site's existence.
Why Digital Content Marketing?
- Increase brand exposure by providing relevant material that interests potential customers. Creating useful content can help your brand reach a lot of people that have not had the chance to know more about your brand
- Improves the credibility of your brand. Let's imagine your piece is now seen by more than 2 million potential clients each year. Thirty percent of those who see your content will click on it. It means that you now have 600,000 people who will visit your website and could perhaps become your clients.
- Improved conversion rates – if you have a website, your customers are only a few clicks away from purchasing your product.
- Results that are trackable and measurable. Using web analytics and other online metric tools to measure your online marketing campaign makes it easy to determine how effective it was. This enables you to can get extensive information about how customers interact with your website or respond to your advertising by using Google Analytics.
- Global reach - for a minimal investment, a website allows you to discover new markets and trade abroad.
- It is cost-effective because you save a lot of money
Types of Digital Content marketing
- It's always information that potential consumers obtain about your brand, whether it's written on a specific product or organization.
Posts by visitors
- allowing guest posts from other writers on your site can also give your brand more exposure
A roundup of Online Events
- Documenting your events in detail to give a good summary to those who may not have attended can be very valuable for people who may not have gone.
News from the company
- This can contain company updates and any topics that will affect clients of that firm. It is solely focused on the goings-on in a business/enterprise. This will normally be emailed to individuals who have subscribed automatically.
- Giving readers the opportunity to participate in or watch a webinar about something beneficial to which they can relate means that, depending on the niche, it will be noticed by a large number of people. Many people will jump at the chance to participate or hear what you have to say if you are knowledgeable in your profession.
Posts on Pinterest
- People can pin inspirational photographs to boards that are fully relevant to your business or events your brand hosts
Instagram reels/Youtube shorts/Snapchat spotlights/ TikToks
- You can use a series of short movies to develop a brand, show off your items, or simply entertain.
- When a reader is looking for more information on a topic, having a Wikipedia page on your site can be an amazing resource.
6 Steps to Build a Good Digital Content Strategy
Understanding the Foundations and Fundamentals of Digital Content Strategy
- Be aware of your content objectives.
- The Content Differentiation Factor is something you should be aware of
- Recognize Your Subject Area(s)
Recognize your target market
- Do Audience Research
- Create Audience Personas for Your Content Strategy
Understand the role of SEO in a digital content strategy
- Find out what keywords your ideal buyer is looking for.
Create Content the Right Way
- Optimize Your Content with Keywords
- Prioritize quality during digital content creation
Build and Solidify Your Online Authority on Your Website
- Find a Workflow That Works
- Relate Your Audience Persona to the Marketing Lifecycle
- Relate Your Content Topics to Your Content Objectives
- Strategic Guest Blogging
- Keep up with the latest digital content developments
Create processes for managing and maintaining your content
- Set aside money for your major content activities
- Market Your Content
- Keep Your Digital Content Strategy Up to Date
- Create a content calendar
- Measure your success
Questions you should consider when creating a digital content strategy
- How long will it take for you to produce content?
- What is the story you are trying to tell’ in terms of why do you want to interact with a specific audience?
- What are your target personas? - things like where do these people live, where do they usually go to look for content
- What platforms and content perform best?
- What Digital Content Marketing KPIs are Important to Your Brand?
- What strategy are you going to use?
- Is your content shareable?
- How much is it going to cost?
- How will you use the data you get?
List of Tools You Should be Aware of for Your Digital Content Strategy
Decktopus is a clever, yet simple, online presentation tool that allows you to quickly build aesthetically appealing and content-rich presentations. The platform includes a seamless design and theme selection process, as well as images, quotations, and automatic auto-adjustments to keep your presentation's integrity in line with the content.
Users gain access to public speaking advice videos, the opportunity to invite other users to update and view the presentation, and the ability to store the presentation online or offline once it is completed.
Decktopus Free trial
<cta-section data-ctaTitle="Start for FREE!" data-ctaDescription="Have you ever thought of an easy way you can create presentations that your boss will like? Get a chance to sign up to use Decktopus an easy way to create business proposals within feel minutes. Try it today!" data-ctaButtonText="Try it today!" data-ctaButtonURL="https://www.decktopus.com/"></cta-section>
Advantages of using Decktopus are :
- It is time-efficient
- Easy to use
- Enables you to create elegant presentations
Other Tools to Consider:
Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool that allows anyone with a website to track how Google evaluates it and improve its organic ranking. This involves looking at your referring domains, mobile site performance, rich search results, and the queries and pages with the most traffic. There are two different types of Google Search Console roles. I know you're eager to get to the good stuff (cough, data), but it's critical that you get this correctly.
Owner: In Google Search Console, an owner has complete control over their properties. They have the ability to add and remove other users, modify settings, view all data, and utilize all tools. The property verification process has been completed by a verified owner, and a delegated owner has been added by a verified one. (Delegated owners have the ability to add other delegated owners.)
User: A user has access to all data and can do various tasks, but they are unable to add new users. Full users have access to the majority of data and can take some actions, whereas restricted users can just observe the majority of data.
Because it contains one of the largest datasets of live links, Ahrefs is renowned as a backlink authority checker. This digital marketing tool provides useful information about backlinks and search engine optimization. It has SEO features such as ranking tracking and keyword tools, however, users can only see the most basic information. It uses crawling tools to re-create your site as though it were seen by a search engine. This can assist you better understand your site and how to optimize it for search engines.
You'll get a dashboard when you use Ahrefs, which will help you keep track of all your data. To keep track of your domain's health, all you have to do is add a URL. Errors, new links, URL rating, and referring sites are all displayed in this dashboard.
Buzzsumo is a platform that allows you to uncover new possible outreach possibilities and identify interesting pieces of content. You can use the site to look for articles with the most shares, links, and comments. It also helps you to track down important influencers in your industry, monitor brand mentions, and backlinks, among other things. You need to know what is popular in order to deliver the stuff that people want to know. It can take hours to comb through all of the different social media sites to see what people are talking about and what their issues and wants are. The ability to enter specific search parameters, analyze material, and discover what is currently working in your area can be invaluable to a marketer in terms of sharpening their focus and providing direction Buzzsumo can be a tool that will help you do that easily.
HubSpot is a cloud-based CRM that helps sales and marketing teams align, foster sales enablement, increase ROI, and optimize your inbound marketing strategy to produce more qualified leads. HubSpot's Growth Stack includes CRM and sales enablement technologies, but HubSpot Marketing is the backbone of the stack. HubSpot Marketing enables businesses to consolidate all of their marketing tools into a single platform that shares the same data. It has everything a marketer needs to increase website traffic, convert website visitors into leads, and "close the loop" for a demonstrable return on investment. The following is a rundown of HubSpot Marketing's features.
Semrush is a comprehensive toolkit for increasing web exposure and uncovering marketing insights. Marketers that work in the following services can benefit from our tools and reports: SEO, PPC, SMM, Keyword Research, Competitive Research, Public Relations, Content Marketing, Marketing Insights, and Campaign Management are some of the services available. You can use SEMrush to spot emerging trends in your industry specialty. It examines your on-page SEO and offers suggestions for improving your pages. This allows you to have a better understanding of your website and improve it for SEO to increase lead generation. SEMrush can help you find relevant keywords for your campaign.You'll find out what terms your competitors are employing and how well they rank in search engines. It provides you with a wealth of information on how you compare to the competitors.
- McCoy, J. (2021) How to Build a Strong Digital Content Strategy, Express Writers.
- 101 Types of Digital Content | What is Content? | Zazzle Media (2021).
- What are the 7 Types of Digital Marketing? (2021).
- What Is Social Media Marketing? (2021).
- What Is SEO / Search Engine Optimization? (2021).