120 Inspiring Quotes You Need to Hear
Here at Decktopus, one of the first features we integrated was a free, all access quote library that allows you to add your favorite mentor’s quote to your slide deck with one click. Why? We think knowledge, values and expertise of other people are worth spreading.
Simplicity, Design, and Success Quotes
Here at Decktopus, one of the first features we integrated was a free, all-access quote library that allows you to add your favorite mentor’s quote to your slide deck with one click. Why? We think knowledge, values and expertise of other people are worth spreading. Stuck on your next phase in life; getting perspective from other people can introduce inspiration. That is why it is important to look to other people, especially people who are renowned around the world for their expertise on a certain topic, which can be a source of immense inspiration. Here are our 120 top picks of quotes to color your day.
27 Quotes About Prioritizing Simplicity
Simplicity is key; these 27 famous people agree! There is a reason one of our main value propositions is to keep things simple. We want you to get the best out of your presentation creating experience, and get to a solid end-product as quickly as you can.
- “Simplicity is a choice, a discrimination, a crystallization. Its object is purity.”- Le Corbusier
- “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.”- Hans Hofmann
- “A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think”- Eleanor Roosevelt
- “A vocabulary of truth and simplicity will be of service throughout your life.”- Winston Churchill
- “Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.”- Plato
- “Don’t make the process harder than it is.”- Jack Welch
- “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.”- Albert Einstein
- “Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand.”- General Colin Powell
- “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.”- Lao Tzu
- “I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best.”- Oscar Wilde
- “I like simplicity; I don’t need luxury.”- Francis Ford Coppola
- “It is the essence of genius to make use of the simplest ideas.” - Charles Péguy
- “Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.”- Charles Mingus
- “Mental toughness is many things. It is humility because it behooves all of us to remember that simplicity is the sign of greatness and meekness is the sign of true strength.”- Vince Lombardi
- “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy.”- Isaac Newton
- “Simplicity is an exact medium between too little and too much.”- Joshua Reynolds
- “Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.” - Frederic Chopin
- “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” - Coco Chanel
- “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci
- “Some of the greatest poetry is revealing to the reader the beauty in something that was so simple you had taken it for granted.”- Neil Degrasse Tyson
- “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex…”- Steve Jobs
- “The art of art, the glory of expression, and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity.”- Walt Whitman
- “The core of beauty is simplicity”- Paulo Coelho
- “The greatest ideas are the simplest.”- William Golding
- “Three rules of work: out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.”- Albert Einstein
- “Tis the gift to be simple, Tis the gift to be free…”- Joseph Brackett
- “We have one hardware organization. We have one software organization. It’s not like we’re this big company with all these divisions that are cranking out products. We’re simpletons.”- Tim Cook
10 Famous Quotes About Design
Decktopus puts design first; all templates are designed by professional graphic designers in line with what will be optimal for both the audience and the presenter. Change the entire deck in one click and rest assured that there are no bad-designs.
- “Live in the leading—the spaces in between the rules.” –Stefan Mumaw
- “Have no fear of perfection—you’ll never reach it.” –Salvador Dali
- “Good design is like a refrigerator—when it works, no one notices, but when it doesn’t, it sure stinks.” –Irene Au
- “Digital design is like painting, except the paint never dries.” -Neville Brody
- “The alternative to good design is always bad design. There is no such thing as no design.” –Adam Judge
- “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” –Steve Jobs
- “Creativity is a highfalutin word for the work I have to do between now and Tuesday.” –Ray Kroc
- “Creativity is nothing but a mind set free.” –Torrie T. Asai
- “Art is anything you can get away with.” –Marshal McLuhan
- “Design transcends agendas. It speaks to the politics of optimism.” –Paul Bennett
13 Quotes About Success
Success takes work and aspiration. But, when it comes to document creation and presentations, it doesn’t have to take all the effort in the world. Decktopus is your companion for the journey, granting you access to presentation success in no time.
- "Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts." -- Winston S. Churchill
- "It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation."-- Herman Melville
- "The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same."-- Colin R. Davis
- "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it." -- Henry David Thoreau
- "Opportunities don't happen. You create them."-- Chris Grosser
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great." --John D. Rockefeller
- "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." -- Thomas Jefferson
- "There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed." -- Ray Goforth
- "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were better." -- Jim Rohn
- "Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value." -- Albert Einstein
- "Never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." -- Winston Churchill
- "Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion." -- Tony Hsieh
- "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." -- Winston Churchill
50 Famous Motivational Quotes
- "If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely." — Roald Dahl
- "When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." — Abraham Lincoln
- "If you're gonna make a change, you're gonna have to operate from a new belief that says life happens not to me but for me." — Tony Robbins
- "It always seems impossible until it's done." — Nelson Mandela
- "Don't feel stupid if you don't like what everyone else pretends to love." — Emma Watson
- "Maybe there's something you're afraid to do today, someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid it's gonna hurt. It's gonna hurt because it matters." — John Green
- "Only do what your heart tells you." — Princess Diana
- "The final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." — Anne Frank
- "Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything." — George Bernard Shaw
- "Better to fight for something than to live for nothing." — George Patton
- "They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." — Andy Warhol
- "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS." — W.C. Fields
- "I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find you're not, I hope you have the strength to start over all over again." — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- "Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most." — Buddha
- "When a man says I cannot, he has made a suggestion to himself. He has weakened his power of accomplishing that which otherwise would have been accomplished." — Muhammad Ali
- "You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be." — Marianne Williamson
- "Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become." — Steve Jobs
- "And suddenly you know: It's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings." — Meister Eckhart
- "It's okay to walk out of someone's life if you don't feel like you belong in it anymore."
- "Well-behaved women rarely make history." — Marilyn Monroe
- "I choose to be unstoppable. I am bigger than my concerns and worries. The strength of others inspire me daily. I focus on my goal. I trust my intuition and live a courageous life."
- "You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody." — Maya Angelou
- "Actually, I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed. Just like that."
- "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." — Albert Einstein
- "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." — Abraham Lincoln
- "It's never too late to be what you might have been." — George Eliot
- "You are not judged by the height you have risen, but from the depth you have climbed." — Frederick Douglass
- "You don't worry 'bout fitting in when you custom made." — Drake
- "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different ..." — C.S. Lewis
- "'Where you movin'?' I said, 'Onto better things.'" — Drake
- "When we deny the story, it defines us. When we own the story, we can write a brave new ending." — Brené Brown
- "You have to stop crying, and you have to go kick some a—." — Lady Gaga
- "When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about." — Haruki Murakami
- "You will fail. It's a matter of when. The true test is if you can continue and stand up and accept failure and move forward." — Lady Gaga
- "There are no regrets in life, just lessons." — Jennifer Aniston
- "I'm on the hunt for who I've not yet become."
- "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours." — Dolly Parton
- "You've got to kick fear to the side, because the payoff is huge." — Mariska Hargitay
- "In the waves of change we find our true direction."
- "Better to live one year as a tiger, than a hundred as a sheep." — Madonna
- "You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine." — John C. Maxwell
- "Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions." — Will Smith
- "Change is the law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." — John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- "Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn't mean you have to stay there." — Robert Downey Jr.
- "You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren't paying attention to." — Robin Williams
- "The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are."
- "I am no longer accepting the things I cannot change. I am changing the things I cannot accept." — Angela Davis
- "We are born in one day. We die in one day. We can change in one day. And we can fall in love in one day. Anything can happen in just one day."
- "Nevertheless, she persisted." — Unknown
- "Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change." — Stephen Hawking
20 Great Quotes on Technology
1) Technology is anything that wasn’t around when you were born. - Alan Kay
2) Any sufficiently advanced technology is equivalent to magic. - Arthur C. Clarke
3) All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness. - Mark Kennedy
4) Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. - Thomas Edison
5) It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity. - Albert Einstein
6) Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. - Pablo Picasso
7) One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard
8) Technology is a word that describes something that doesn’t work yet. - Douglas Adams
9) Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons. - R. Buckminster Fuller
10) I think that novels that leave out technology misrepresent life as badly as Victorians misrepresented life by leaving out sex. - Kurt Vonnegut
11) The human spirit must prevail over technology. - Albert Einstein
12) The great myth of our times is that technology is communication. - Libby Larsen
13) You cannot endow even the best machine with initiative; the jolliest steamroller will not plant flowers. - Walter Lippmann
14) We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works. - Douglas Adams
15) Technology made large populations possible; large populations now make technology indispensable. - Joseph Krutch
16) This is the whole point of technology. It creates an appetite for immortality on the one hand. It threatens universal extinction on the other. Technology is lust removed from nature. - Don DeLillo
17) The real danger is not that computers will begin to think like men, but that men will begin to think like computers. - Sydney Harris
18) If we continue to develop our technology without wisdom or prudence, our servant may prove to be our executioner. - Omar Bradley
19) The art challenges the technology, and the technology inspires the art. - John Lasseter
20) Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response. - Arthur Schlesinger
Check out Decktopus now to realize how design, simplicity and success come together for document creation and interactive presentation experiences.
Don't Waste Your Time By Designing Your Presentations
Type your content and let our platform design your presentations automatically. No more wasting time for your presentations. Use hundreds of presentation templates to impress your audience. This is the only tool you need to prepare presentations.
Try our Presentation Builder today >>
Subscribe to Our Newsletter to Get Weekly Tips!
Do You Want To Create a Presentation?Try Decktopus Now